BE LIKE OBEDEDOM. OPEN UP YOUR HOUSE FOR HOUSE FELLOWSHIP MEETING. ATTEND HOUSE FELLOWSHIP.
“And the ark of the LORD continued in the house of Obededom the
Gittite three Months: and the LORD blessed Obededom and all his household”
2 Samuel 6:11.
THE PASTOR AND THE HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS
There should be a close friendly relationship between the Pastor and the House Fellowship Leaders.
The Pastor should organize periodic meeting with House Fellowship Leaders where he shares his vision for House Fellowship development, Church Planting, Evangelism and Growth with them. In addition, In-House Workers / Ministerial Training (Induction Course) should be organized from time to time for the House fellowship Leaders to ensure improvement in their Christian living and ministerial administration. Such courses should cover among others things goal setting, goal getting, aggressive evangelism, church planting, church growth, house fellowship development, the follow up ministry, building an effective team and leadership reproduction.
QUALITIES OF THE HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS
Certain commitments are essential in the life of every Home Cell Leader. These commitments always result
in positive growth.
- Commitment to Continuous Evangelism. Every unreached and unchurch soul should be seen as lost, desperate and in need of a Saviour, while a house fellowship leader should see him/herself as the channel of hope for them.
- Commitment to Evangelism with a Definite Strategy: A house fellowship leader is a man or woman of burning vision with a definite strategy for meeting the felt needs of the people.
- Commitment to a Broader view of Evangelism which Allows for more Sustained Outreached: A House fellowship Leader does not see evangelism as confrontational, as simply to “corner” somebody and lead him/her to a decision for Christ. He sees evangelism as including building relationships, and initial discipling process of spending time with people and identifying and understanding people’s problems so that they could be carefully led and established into the kingdom.
- Commitment to Evangelism Permeated with Sensitivity: A House fellowship Leader should be ready to spend time with the unbeliever, finding out what his personal needs are, praying for him and gently leading him to become a part of his House fellowship centre. A Home Fellowship Leader desires much more than a decision; he desires to help make s disciple.
- Commitment to Use the Gifts of the Spirit towards Outreach rather than Inward focus.
- Commitment to Follow Through and Reach all Members of a Family: A House Fellowship Leader baths himself in prayer, seeks for the spirit’s direction and goes about with a heart believing that God would save an entire household.
- Commitment to Allow the Members of House fellowship centre to Multiple: A House fellowship Leader must have a ready willingness to multiple the groups when their group’s sizes become so large that they cannot minister to people. It is ideal for a group to give birth to another group when it reaches twelve members. This is called the G12 system.