Pastor(Mrs) Folu Adeboye
Mother in Israel
BE LIKE OBEDEDOM. OPEN UP YOUR HOUSE FOR HOUSE FELLOWSHIP MEETING. ATTEND HOUSE FELLOWSHIP.
“And the ark of the LORD continued in the house of Obededom the
Gittite three Months: and the LORD blessed Obededom and all his household”
2 Samuel 6:11.
A NOTE ON RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
God is interested in the growth of His church – local, national or global, whatever the denominational label. Growth is however predicated on the fact that the pastor is a Biblical leader that is operating under the authority, leadership and controls of our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
The British Church Growth association gives a practical definition to Church Growth as follows:“Church Growth investigates the nature, function, structure, health and multiplication of Christian Churches as they relate to effective implementation of Christ’s commission to ‘Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples.” – Matthew 28: 19 – 20.
One of the needs of a dynamic and growing Church life is evangelism. If a Church is not involved in serious evangelism, it will either remain stagnant or it will begin to die. Church Growth is therefore a natural concomitant of serious or aggressive evangelism.
It should be stated, also, that one of the most effective instrument of evangelism is the Home Cell Group System or House Fellowship development system. House Fellowship Development is a system; and, this system will only be successful in a denomination if used as a tool of evangelism.
House fellowship can be defined as a meeting in a house, an office, market place, etc where believers, unbelievers and people at different levels of spiritual maturity gather at an agreed and a particular day and time of the week to share the Word of God. This is carried out in an atmosphere of love, praising, worshiping and praying together; sharing experiences on what the Lord has done or doing in their lives; building up one another and witnessing through their actions and activities to the community in which the fellowship is based; living together in the community of faith and helping each other; through the good relationships established, in various areas of needs; and, in doing these, fellowship members, the community and others derive benefits and the Gospel of Jesus Christ is spread, in good manners, souls are won and the community of believers is enlarged.
House Fellowship Centers are easy to start; they are relaxed and informal; they are evangelistic tools, facilitate training of Pastors and leaders, economical and can solve the problem of growth.
To the Glory of God, the Redeemed Christian Church of God is enjoying a big revival in growth and House Fellowship Development. However, there is a dearth of House Fellowship Leaders in many parishes; and many House Fellowship Centres have ceased to exist because the development of house fellowship leaders cannot be described as directly proportional to the rate at which House Fellowship Centers developed.
In view of the foregoing, the National Department of House Fellowship resolved to embark on a mass reproduction of house fellowship leaders.
The training programs are in three stages – Basic, Intermediate and Advance. Each is carefully designed for Church members, workers and ministers on House Fellowship Development. Trainees are expected to develop House Fellowship Centers or release their Homes for House Fellowship; and, graduates from these Training programs will be given Certificates base on the condition that they volunteer themselves to lead house Fellowship Centers and / or release their homes for House Fellowship.
The House fellowship Leadership Development Training Programs are designed for those who desire to obtain a greater grasps of the foundations of the Christian faith and a deeper understanding of biblical truth. It is particularly suitable for those who need a clearer comprehension of the scripture in order to be more effective in the local church as house fellowship leaders, as well as, individuals who simply desire a deeper understanding of the Bible.
The Programs hold monthly. Each comprises one day a month for three months, making three days in all
It runs as follows:
January Intake January to March
April Intake April to June
July Intake July to September
October Intake October to December
Lectures hold one day per Month.
The training programs are presented in a series of audio – visually aided lectures, exercises and films. There are opportunities for tutorials, group presentations and guest speakers from the core of respected Christian leaders. Participants are encouraged to share their experiences in the course of engaging in Christian services.
- A period of didactic instructions, talks, discussions and practical learning sessions will be presented in each training center by the center facilitator and the participants.
- Participants will be asked to work on assigned Church Planting and Home Cell groups planting projects
- Time will be provided for discussion between groups of two or more workers, on church planting and house fellowship development, or with the group as a whole.
- Each session will close with an intercessory prayer for the parish, area, province, region and the entire Redeemed Christian Church of God.
- There will also be a take home assignment to be completed before the next session begins.
There are seven aspects to the assessment of the course:
- Attendance: We require 100% attendance from students. Although aware of extenuating circumstances from time to time, the management feels that students in the House Fellowship Leadership Development Training Program will need a maximum attendance record in order to feel confident and exercised enough in the grasp of the subjects to be able to put their knowledge into practice successfully.
The In-House Assignment: Classroom assignments vary from month to month and include the following:
- Multiple-Choice question sheets
- Individual Assignments
- Group Discussion
Home Work Assignment: Students are given periodic homework assignment which vary in content, but include the following:
- Reading selected textbooks or extracts and answering specific questions based on the material read.
- Multiple-choice question sheets
- Essay on given subject
- Converts: In addition to monthly homework assignments, students will be required to influence at least one soul to the program, who must enroll within the first three months of each intake. Assessment will be based on the number of souls each student registers for the course.
- House Fellowship Development: It is mandatory for every student to develop a house fellowship center, which must be set within the first three months of each intake. The center will need to conform to strict guidelines which will be explained to students at the commencement of the course.
- Church Planting: In addition to the house fellowship development project, it is mandatory for all intake of students, in a Province, to plant a viable parish, which must be inaugurated within the first three months of the training program. The parish will need to conform to strict guidelines which will be explained to students at the commencement of the course.
- Final Examination: The final examination for House Fellowship Leadership Development Training Program will be of two hours duration. It will consist of questions which reflect the types of self-testing, practice exercises and assignments you have previously encountered. All areas of the course will be assessed.
To excel in the final examination, use the time between finishing the last module and sitting
for the examination to revise the entire course. You might find it useful to review your in-house
assignments, home-work assignments and comment on them before the examination.
The Final examination covers information from all parts of the course.
- Awards: Awards are not in themselves the prime objective of this program, rather the building up of workers and leaders in the church. Participants will however be awarded Basic, Intermediate or Advance Certificates in House Fellowship Development of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
At the end of the House Fellowship Leadership Development Training Program, participants will be able to:
- Develop house fellowship centers, which will replicate themselves every three months.
- Plant viable daughter parishes of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
- Identify areas for improvement in Christian living and ministerial Administration and formulate alternative strategies.
- Chart a new course for renewed growth in life and ministry.
- Observe all round church development and growth from God’s perspective.
STUDENTS’ DRESS CODE AND CODE OF CONDUCT
Dressing should be such that display good taste and chastity. It is, therefore, forbidden for students and all House Fellowship Leaders to wear Clothing that is provocative. Students are expected to maintain a clean smart appearance.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Upright character is of vital concern to the Management. We expect every student to maintain an exemplary life so that his or her life will be a positive testimony to others. All students are expected to exhibit core value driven disposition as embedded in our core values of Spirituality, Possibility, Mentality, Capacity Building, Integrity, Responsibility, Diligence and Sacrifice.
|1||Successful Home Cell Groups||HFD 103|
|2||Church Planting||HFD 107|
|3||The Church of Christ||HFD 101|
|4||Church Growth||HFD 104|
|5||Christian Leadership||HFD 105|
|6||Aggressive Evangelism||HFD 106|
|7||Church Planting||HFD 102|
|8||Building an Effective Team||HFD 108|